- SEN Personal Care Assistant
- School based
- Term time only
- Long term temporary with the potential to be taken on permanently
- £70-£80 per day
Are you an experience care worker looking for a new challenge? Do you want the opportunity to work within a multidisciplinary team supporting young people within the education sector?
Premier Education are working in partnership with a specialist SEND provision in Manchester who are responsible for the education of children and secondary aged pupils with disabilities, complex needs and autism. The provision has a multidisciplinary approach to learning and has expertise in supporting students with a wide range of needs and backgrounds.
As a Personal Care Assistant for this provision you will be expected to be comfortable providing personal care, assisting students with medical needs and disabilities in the bathroom. You should have experience working as part of a team and must have a solid understanding of working with those who have PMLD and Medical Needs.
The main aspects of the role are:
• To provide support with all aspects of personal care including assisting with feeding and using the toilet.
• To support and facilitate change and transition along the journey to excellence
• To help with moving and handling so experience with hoists would be preferable.
• To be an active participant in supporting the timetable in all it's different contexts e.g. hydrotherapy, residential courses and other therapies / leisure facilities.
• Liaising with families, carers and others as necessary and with regard for the confidentiality required by the employer
Ideal Candidates will:
• Have a good level of written and spoken English
• Hold relevant experience / qualifications suited to supporting learners with additional needs
• Preferably have experience using hoists and effective manual handling techniques, but training will be provided to the right candidate.
• Be comfortable supporting young people will all aspects of personal care.
• Have experience working within an educational setting for learners with additional needs
• Be able to work as part of a team
• Have knowledge of the needs of students with a range of learning difficulties and complex needs
• Have a thorough understanding of what constitutes effective support for students with learning difficulties
Candidates who have experience or are interested in opportunities within the SEN sector will be subject to Premier Education's stringent vetting procedures as well as a registration interview. We have opportunities across Manchester and other areas in the North West as well so if you are aware of anyone else that may be interested please ask them to get in touch by responding to this advert or calling 01625 538 568 today!
Premier Education can offer:
• Competitive Rates of Pay
• A Specialist SEND Consultant with good knowledge of the SEND sector
• Caring, dedicated and committed staff team
• Local schools with regular work opportunities
• The opportunity to grow and develop as a Specialist SEND Support Worker
• Auto-enrolment into the group pension scheme and a holiday fund to secure some income during the school holiday period