SEN Teaching Assistant
Experience with young people with SEND
£85-£95 per day
Full time, ongoing role to start after half term
School hours 830am – 4pm.
Premier Education is currently supporting a wonderful Specialist Provision in Bolton who require a Teaching Assistant to work with pupils in their primary and secondary phase school. The school is a specialist provider of education for children with Complex and Medical SEND. They also have additional needs such as ASC, SLD, MLD and PMLD. Class sizes are small, and each will be led by a specialised primary teacher experienced in meeting the complex needs of the children. Someone with a calm and resilient personality would be ideal, as you will spend most of the day supporting them, including through lunch.
The school is located close to nearby road and public transport links and is situated on a quiet, independent campus with onsite parking.
This is a great opportunity for a Teaching Assistant who wants to start or continue their career in Education and is motivated to inspire learning for children who struggle with social interactions. Your work will be challenging and rewarding in equal measure and you will be working in a school where we maintain a strong safeguarding culture, where pupils are listened to, respected and involved in as many decisions as possible.
The main aspects of the role are:
• To provide support and guidance to the pupils by removing barriers to learning
• To support and facilitate change and transition along the journey to excellence
• To be a consistent support to avoid any further disruption.
• To be an active participant in supporting the timetable in all it's different contexts
• Complete assessments and records of students progress and achievement
Ideal Candidates will:
• Have a good level of written and spoken English
• Hold min L2 Literacy and Numeracy
• Hold relevant experience / qualifications suited to supporting learners with additional needs
• Have experience supporting learners with ASD / anxiety and speech and language needs.
• Be resilient, dedicated and reliable
Candidates who have experience or are interested in opportunities within the SEN sector will be subject to Premier Education’s stringent vetting procedures including referencing as well as a registration interview.
We have opportunities across Manchester and other areas in the North West as well so if you are aware of anyone else that may be interested please ask them to get in touch by responding to this advert or calling 01204 565 950 today!