Primary SEN Teaching Assistant• Outstanding provision• Immediate start• Potential for permanent role• £70-£80 per day• Experience with ASD is desirable
Premier Education is currently supporting an outstanding' provision in the Oldham area who require teaching assistants to work with primary and secondary aged pupils at their autism site. The pupils are all part of communications groups and so will need support with this as well as their general learning and development.
This is a great opportunity for a Teaching Assistant who wants to start or continue their career in Education and is motivated to inspire learning for children with varied and complex needs.
Your work will be challenging and rewarding in equal measure and you will be working in a school where we maintain a strong safeguarding culture, where pupils are listened to, respected and involved in as many decisions as possible.
The main aspects of the role are:
• To provide support and guidance to pupils by removing barriers to learning
• To support and facilitate change and transition along the journey to excellence
• To be an active participant in supporting the timetable in all it's different contexts
• Complete assessments and records of students progress and achievement
Ideal Candidates will:
• Have a good level of written and spoken English
• Hold min L2 Literacy and Numeracy
• Hold relevant experience / qualifications suited to supporting learners with additional needs
• Have experience supporting learners with ASD
• Be resilient, dedicated and reliable
Candidates who have experience or are interested in opportunities within the SEN sector will be subject to Premier Education's stringent vetting procedures including referencing as well as a registration interview.
We have opportunities across Manchester and other areas in the North West as well so if you are aware of anyone else that may be interested please ask them to get in touch by responding to this advert or calling 01625 538 568 today!